Depending on available funding, we are hoping to open in the fall/winter of 2020.
When will you open?
Who can apply?
Anyone who currently identifies as a woman or as gender non-conforming. Also, you must have already completed a detoxification treatment and primary treatment in another facility/facilities.
What is primary treatment?
Primary treatment is the first stage in addiction treatment. It typically follows a detoxification program and lasts for a minimum of 30 days.
What is secondary care?
The more commonly known “second stage housing” is a facility where people in recovery can live before transitioning to independent living. Our secondary care model includes counselling, programming, and lifetime outreach programs.
What is outreach?
Outreach programs are designed to facilitate a smooth transition from treatment/secondary care back into the greater community. Our outreach counsellor will assist you with the transition process. She will help you establish a solid positive support network, provide counselling and group activities in the community, and maintain an open line of communication between you and RCR following your graduation.
How can I apply?
- Have you already completed primary treatment at another facility?
- Do you identify as a woman or as gender non-conforming?
- Do you have an active EIA case number or an alternative form of financing your stay with us?
- Download our application and medical clearance form. Please fill out the application yourself or with support. Please see a licensed physician or nurse practitioner to have your medical clearance form completed.
- Email, fax, or mail in your application to Regenesis Centre for Recovery.
What makes RCR different?
RCR is unique from other addiction treatment and recovery facilities because we prioritize the provision of services to Indigeneous peoples and members of the 2SLGBTTQ+ community identifying as women and/or as gender non-conforming.
Additionally, RCR is unique from other services as our clients will be those exiting primary treatment for the purpose of providing greatly needed extensions to recovery times and a more gradual transition between treatment and independent living.
Where are you located?
We are still looking for a suitable facility from which we can run RCR.
How many people will be in the program at any given time?
Depending on the size and layout of the facility, we anticipate being able to house 5-6 clients at a time.
How long is RCR’s recovery program?
Depending on your needs, goals, and previous treatments, our programs will run for either 6 or 12 months.
How much does RCR’s recovery program cost?
For those on Employment and Income Assistance (EIA), your stay at Regenesis will be completely covered so you will have no out-of-pocket expenses for care.
For those who choose to finance their stay by other means, your care will cost $600.00 per month, equivalent to the Employment and Income Assistance (EIA) rate.
What is included in the fees?
Rent, food, counselling, group activities, and bus fare will be included in your fees.
How can I donate to Regenesis Centre for Recovery?
How can I volunteer with Regenesis Centre for Recovery?
- Talent for concerts and open mic nights
- Helpers for running fundraising events (e.g. taking tickets)
- Searching for and donating goods for silent auctions and raffles
- Donating good/services for future fundraising opportunities
- Sharing RCR on your social media
- Talking about RCR with friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances.
For the facility
- Collecting goods for the facility
- Household items
- Hygiene products
- Cleaning products
- Art and decor
- Books and games
- Office supplies
- Moving furniture
- Collecting goods for the facility
- We will be seeking volunteers to spend approximately 3 hours per week with the members of RCR.
- Volunteer work can include sharing knowledge, providing workshops and information sessions, teaching hobbies, leading community activities, providing entertainment, etc.